Best Friend Jewellery: How to Buy the Perfect Gift
Friends are the family we choose, our closest people who understand us and the companions who share our laughter and tears. To celebrate these unbreakable bonds, best friend jewellery is a popular gift that captures the essence of friendship. Allowing us to carry a piece of our relationship wherever we go, friendship necklaces and meaningful friendship gifts are thoughtful reminders of the bonds we share.
In this guide, we offer tips and advice on different occasions when you might consider buying best friend jewellery, alongside the types of jewellery that make perfect friendship gifts. Whether looking for jewellery for the women in your life or browsing gifts for your lifelong male companion, we have gift ideas for every kind of friendship.
What gift should you buy for a friend?
The type of jewellery you choose depends on the relationship you share and the occasion you are celebrating. Typically, if your friend is more like family and you would consider them your best friend, you might choose more meaningful friendship gifts that symbolise the bond between you both.
Keepsakes, tokens and sentimental items often make for perfect best friend gifts, especially as you can be sure they will understand the significance of the gesture. With a variety of different styles and designs, jewellery makes a wonderful gift option for any type of friendship.
When should you buy your friend a gift?
We believe that every important milestone and occasion in life should be celebrated. Gifting on any occasion throughout the year is a nice way to show the people in your life how much they mean to you, especially your best friend.
Often, these are the people who are by our sides through challenging moments and special events, so showing your appreciation with a gift is a thoughtful gesture. Naturally, occasions like Christmas and birthdays generally call for gift-giving, however, there are some additional unique days in the year when you might consider celebrating your friendships. These include:
- Galentine’s Day – February 13th is known as Galentine’s Day and is an occasion for women to celebrate all their female friendships.
- National Best Friend Day – June 8th is marked as a day to celebrate your best friends in the UK and there’s no better time to give a special gift to show them how much you value them. Whether they’ve been in your life since childhood or are a recent companion, celebrate the bond you share on National Best Friend Day.
- International Friendship Day – A chance to celebrate your friendships all around the world, July 30th is regarded as International Friendship Day.
- International Women’s Day – What better way to commemorate International Women’s Day in March than with a gift to honour the special women in your life.
No matter the occasion, with our ultimate gift giving guide, we’re sure you can find an opportunity to celebrate the special friendships in your life.
Types of best friend jewellery
When you’ve decided on the occasion for buying your friend a special present, all that’s left to do is decide on what gift to give. Jewellery is a timeless option and one that can be tailored to each individual, reflecting their personal style and character. Here, we’ve put together a list of the different types of best friend jewellery you might like to consider:
- Personalised – Personalise jewellery is the perfect choice if you’re looking for something that reflects the recipients’ passions and hobbies. Tailoring the friendship necklace or bracelet to their personality is a great way to show how well you know them, symbolising your special bond. Our guide to personalised gifts will help inspire you to find the perfect present.
- Matching sets – Showcase your friendship with matching jewellery that you can both enjoy. Jewellery like our Me&You necklaces allow you to give a treasured piece that reflects the two of you, personalised with special dates that hold meaning to you both. Whether you choose matching bracelets, necklaces or earrings, being able to wear the same jewellery as your friend is a wonderful chance to showcase your relationship.
- Charm bracelets – A great option for celebrating your friend’s hobbies, charm bracelets offer versatility in terms of style and design. Why not select a charm that represents their personal interests or that marks a significant time in their life. Charm bracelets are a versatile gift that you can add to every year or special occasion.
- Keepsake jewellery – Meaningful jewellery comes in all shapes and designs, with some meant for daily wear whilst others kept for special occasions. Keepsake jewellery often holds sentimental value and makes for the perfect best friend jewellery. Often, keepsake jewellery is passed down to future generations and treasured as family heirlooms. These pieces are extremely special and a wonderful way to commemorate a unique relationship.
- Symbolic rings – If your friend has a minimalistic jewellery style, there are other ways to celebrate them than with statement necklaces and bracelets. Gifts like friendship rings that are personalised with meaningful dates or messages are a subtle way to celebrate friendship. They can be worn on any finger and stacked with other rings.
If you’re buying jewellery as a surprise, you might not know your friend’s ring size. Use our handy guide to learn how to measure ring sizes to find the perfect fit.
Why is best friend jewellery popular?
Meaningful friendship gifts are a special way to encapsulate the unique bond you share with your loved ones. More than their material value, sentimental and thoughtful gifts, like best friend jewellery, celebrate the journey two friends have undertaken together. Celebrating friendships through jewellery items has become a heart-warming trend that celebrates the essence of friendship. It goes beyond being any accessory, as each piece holds deep symbolism and significance.
So, whether you’re looking to commemorate a lifelong friendship or to embark on a new journey with a dear friend, best friend jewellery is the perfect way to acknowledge a cherished relationship and an unbreakable bond.