A Guide to Personalised Gifts
In a world brimming with choice, personalised gifting stands out as a thoughtful and memorable gesture. It involves adding a personal touch to a gift, making it unique and tailored specifically to your friends, family and loved-ones.
From birthdays and weddings to milestone anniversaries, personalised gifts offer a way to express love, appreciation, and thoughtfulness. In our guide, we will delve into the world of personalised gifting to explore its significance, the wide range of options available, and the impact it has on both the giver and the recipient.
The significance of personalised gifting
Personalised gifting is more than just a trend; it holds deep significance in the art of gift giving. Unlike generic presents, personalised gifts show that you’ve taken the time and effort to consider the recipient’s personality, preferences, and interests. By customising a gift, you create a connection between the item and the recipient, making it a symbol of the unique bond you share. Whether it’s a heartfelt message, custom design, or a coin gift minted with their birth-year, the personal touch turns an ordinary present into a cherished keepsake for years to come.
What makes a gift personal?
A personalised gift can be anything that holds meaning to the recipient and reflects their interests, personality and style. The present you choose doesn’t have to spell out a name or include a photo of the recipient to be personalised. Our collection of coin jewellery gifts have been minted with dates from as far back as 1901, making the perfect personalised gift to celebrate the year your friends or loved-ones were born. They are a subtle nod to the recipient in the form of a gift with sentimental value that they can treasure.
Thoughtful gift ideas
Finding gifts can be tricky at the best of times, especially when you’re trying to show how much the recipient means to you. That’s why a gift with sentimental value and meaning is the type of present everyone can appreciate. To help you along in your gift-buying journey, we’ve included some personalised gift ideas to give a little inspiration:
- Me & You jewellery: Like friendship bracelets, our collection of Me&You jewellery is a special way to show your bond with a friend or loved one. Buy one for each of you to wear so you can be reminded of your relationship every day.
- Coin keyrings: The perfect gift to take with them everywhere they go, our collection of keyrings is ideal if you’re looking for a practical yet sentimental keepsake.
- Fashion accessories: From watch cufflinks and lapel pins to tie clips and brooches, we have a variety of accessories that make thoughtful presents for any fashion-forward friend or loved one.
When to give a personalised gift
From small tokens to show your appreciation to grand gestures celebrating a special person in your life, there’s something for every occasion and individual. Personalised jewellery, such as coin necklace pendants allows for a thoughtful gift that can be worn and cherished every day. Customised watch cufflinks are a timeless expression of affection while bespoke coin keyrings made using new and vintage coins from all around the world add a touch of sophistication and individuality to an everyday item.
Occasions you might want to consider gifting a personal present include:
- Milestone birthdays: What better way to celebrate a milestone birthday than with a unique personalised gift. A birthday is a great time to show your friends or loved-ones just how much they mean to you with a gift that you have carefully chosen to reflect their style and personality.
- Anniversaries: If you’re celebrating your own wedding anniversary and need to find a unique gift for your wife or your husband, nothing says ‘I love you,’ more than a personalised present. Similarly, you might be marking your parents’ or grandparents’ wedding anniversary milestone, and there’s no better way to show your love for them than with a thoughtful and personalised gift. Our anniversary gift guide offers inspiration to help you find the perfect present.
- Graduation: A graduation is a huge academic milestone and one that we feel should be celebrated. A gifting occasion like no other, marking the success of a friend or family member with a thoughtful present is a great way to honour their achievement. You can find a variety of graduation gift ideas with our help guide, packed with tips and inspiration.
- Weddings: Celebrate the happy couple with a gift that is as unique as they are. A personalised wedding gift will help them remember their special day for years to come, especially if it’s personalised with something sentimental, like the date they were married.
- Christenings / new baby: The birth of a baby, or a Christening to celebrate their arrival, is an extremely special event. To mark the occasion, give a keepsake they can treasure forever with a personalised new baby gift. Our collection of coin jewellery and gifts are issued in the same year as the child’s birth and make for a special present like no other.For inspiration, take a look at our christening gift guide.
The impact of personalised gift giving
Personalised gifting goes beyond the joy it brings to the recipient; it also leaves a lasting impact on the giver. The act of personalising a gift gives a sense of creativity, thoughtfulness, and emotional investment. It allows you to showcase your affection and attention to detail, strengthening your bond with the recipient, whether they are friends or family.
For the recipient, a personalised gift evokes a range of emotions. From feeling truly valued and appreciated to feeling loved and cared for, the thought and effort put into a personalised gift can make them feel special and understood. The personal touch creates a lasting memory associated with the gift, reminding them of the meaningful connection they share with you every time they see or wear it.
In a world where material possessions often take precedence, personalised gifts serve as a reminder of the intangible bonds we share with our loved ones, friends, and colleagues. Whether it’s a small trinket or a grand gesture, the personal touch transforms a gift into a cherished memory. So, next time you’re pondering over what to gift, consider the power of personalisation and gift a present that will last a lifetime.