Born or Married in 1973 Gifts
Celebrate the Year of Your Birth with Unique and Memorable Gifts
Are you or someone you know born in the year 1973? If so, why not celebrate this milestone with a unique and personalised gift? Our Born in 1973 Gifts collection offers a wide range of options, of nostalgic jewellery that will transport you back in time which reflect your personality and interests.
What happened in 1973?
As you browse our selection of Born in 1973 Gifts, you’ll remember a wealth of fascinating historical facts and events that took place in the UK and around the world. Here are just a few highlights:
- In January 1973, the UK entered the European Economic Community (EEC), a precursor to the European Union (EU). This momentous decision would shape the country’s political and economic landscape for decades to come.
- The famous Sydney Opera House in Australia officially opened in October 1973, after 14 years of construction. Today, it is recognised as one of the most iconic and architecturally significant buildings in the world.
- The UK saw the release of two classic albums in 1973: Pink Floyd’s “Dark Side of the Moon” and Led Zeppelin’s “Houses of the Holy.” Both albums continue to be beloved by music fans around the globe.
- The world’s first mobile phone call was made in April 1973 by Martin Cooper, a senior engineer at Motorola. Cooper called a rival company to demonstrate the potential of the new technology, which would revolutionise communication in the decades to come.
- In the UK, coins in circulation in 1973 included the 1/2 penny, 1 penny, 2 pence, 5 pence, 10 pence, and 50 pence pieces. These coins were made of copper, bronze, and cupronickel, and featured iconic designs such as the profile of Queen Elizabeth II and a crowned lion.
These historical facts and events are just a small sampling of the fascinating stories and milestones from the year 1973. With our Born in 1973 Gifts collection, you can celebrate this special year in style, whether you’re looking for a birthday present, anniversary gift, or just a way to commemorate a significant moment in your life.
Choose from a range of options, including coin cufflinks, personalise hip flasks, coin necklaces, and more, all featuring the distinctive ‘Born in 1973’ theme. Whether you’re shopping for yourself or a loved one, this jewellery is sure to bring a smile to your face and evoke fond memories of the past.