Born or Married in 1952 Gifts
Welcome to our collection of Born in 1952 Gifts! If you’re looking for a special present for someone born in this year, then look no further than Heads and Tails Jewellery. Our unique range of gifts includes jewellery made from genuine coins from 1952. Each piece is crafted with care and attention to detail, making them the perfect keepsake for your loved one.
What happened in 1952?
Here are some interesting facts about the UK and the world in 1952:
- The first ever TV advertisement was broadcast in the UK in 1952, promoting Gibbs SR toothpaste.
- The Great Smog of London occurred in December 1952, causing thousands of deaths and leading to the Clean Air Act 1956.
- Queen Elizabeth II ascended to the throne on February 6th, following the death of her father, King George VI.
- In the US, the first ever rock and roll concert was held in Cleveland, Ohio, featuring Bill Haley and the Comets.
- The UK was still using the pre-decimal currency system in 1952, with two shillings being equal to one florin and four florins equal to one pound.
Two coins in circulation in the UK in 1952 were the farthing and the half-crown:
The farthing was worth a quarter of an old penny (1/960th of a pound). It featured the image of a wren on the reverse. The half-crown was worth two shillings and sixpence (1/8th of a pound) and featured the image of King George VI on the obverse and the royal coat of arms on the reverse.
Heads and Tails Jewellery specialise in creating beautiful jewellery pieces using genuine coins from the year 1952.
Our skilled craftswomen take great care to transform these coins into unique, one-of-a-kind pieces that make the perfect gift for someone born in this year. From pendants to cufflinks, each item is crafted to the highest standards, ensuring that your loved one will treasure their gift for years to come.