Born or Married in 1939 Gifts
Are you for an ideal gift for a special person born in 1939? You have come to the right place as our exclusive “Born in 1939 Gifts” collection has everything you need. Our range of unique and personalised gifts are a great way to celebrate a special occasion and show your loved ones how much you care.
What happened in 1939?
As we delve into the history of 1939, we discover many interesting facts about the world and the UK. Here are a few to pique your interest:
- The world was on the brink of war as Germany invaded Poland on September 1st, 1939, leading to the start of World War II.
- In the UK, Neville Chamberlain was the Prime Minister, and King George VI was on the throne.
- The year also saw the release of several classic films, including “Gone with the Wind” and “The Wizard of Oz”.
Now, let’s talk coins! In 1939, there were several coins in circulation in the UK. Two of the most notable were:
- The sixpence: This silver coin featured the portrait of King George VI on the obverse side and a depiction of a Tudor rose on the reverse side. The sixpence was a popular coin for everyday transactions, and many people today enjoy collecting them for their historical value.
- The shilling: This silver coin also featured the portrait of King George VI on the obverse side and a seated figure of Britannia on the reverse side. The shilling was worth twelve old pence and was used for various transactions, including purchasing postage stamps and cigarettes.
At Heads and Tails Jewellery, we specialise in crafting unique and meaningful jewellery pieces from coins. Our skilled artisans can transform a sixpence or shilling from 1939 into a beautiful and timeless piece of jewellery that will be treasured for years to come. From pendants to cufflinks and keyrings, we have something for everyone. Browse our collection today and find the perfect gift for someone special born in 1939.